Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Anything in your kitchen Quinoa salad and all those Beautiful Bloggers.......



Why do you like blogging? 

This question is probably the same as asking me, why do you like cooking?

Here's one scenario that might help explain why...

You didn't sleep well.

Your dog was barking at odd hours, probably from hearing some angry doggie conversation 20 km away that only doggies can hear.

You are grumpy, out of lunch ideas, and don't want to waste precious dollars on overpriced cafeteria food.


Opening the cupboard, you spot almonds.

Opening the fridge: parsley, cilantro...

Then you divert your eyes to the doggie sitting in the middle of the kitchen and behind her on the countertop sits the dried cranberries, the plump raisins.

Some bright yellow lemons in the fruit basket catch your eye.

Almonds, parsley, cilantro, craisins, lemons, AH. Quinoa it is.

And in about 20 mins, a few chops and mixing, you come out of your sallow mood and realize that this quinoa is damn yummy. And that you want to share this recipe with everyone. And that sharing and writing and posting and even photography have become a pretty important part of connecting with others who love the same things you do. 

ALL OF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BLOGGERS!

That's probably the best answer I can give for "why I like blogging/cooking".....


A special thanks goes to Choco Chip Uru for nominating this award to me - this woman is one clever baker. She's also one of the sweetest bloggers around with awesome dessert ideas and always brings a smile to my face.

Ok, here goes:

  1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
  2. Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
  3. Tell six things about yourself.
  4. Nominate six other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award (and let them know you have done so)
Instead of listing 6 things about myself, I'll just improvise my thoughts at the moment:

- I met CCU through FoodBuzz when FoodBuzz was still alive and kickin' and it's great that she's still an active blogger so that I could get my CCU-fix!
- Many foodies in Australia and by looking at lots of Australian food blogs, restaurant reviews/cafe reviews/whatnot, I need to get myself down there to EAT!
- My sister and her boyfriend will be moving to Australia in a few days so I've actually got this continent/country in my mind for awhile now.
- I guess lastly, some open questions to you: what's a good place to eat? To surf? To do yoga? And why do you like blogging and baking/cooking?
 
Of course, the list of 6 beautiful bloggers (but not limited to):
http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.ca/
http://swirlandscramble.blogspot.ca/
http://prairiesummers.wordpress.com/
http://www.boxofstolensocks.com/
http://heoyeahyum.com/
http://yuehandicrafts.blogspot.ca/


And the recipe. Something nutritious for the body and nourishing for the soul, always good for just one-of-those-days:

1 cup dried quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/4 cup Thompson raisins
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chevre
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium ripe avocado, diced
1 small red sweet bell pepper, diced
3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup beet juice
salt and pepper to taste
chili flakes optional

Mix everything into a large bowl and serve immediately although it tastes better the next day because the quinoa, raisins, and cranberries have absorbs some of the fruit juices and plumped up. 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! You should definitely come and visit Australia especially now you'll have family living there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to visit and go trolling for good eats down under!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout, Jen!

    That quinoa salad looks GORGEOUS! I have a lot of quinoa and am always on the lookout of new ways to prepare it. I love the idea of chevre, raisins, and cranberries. Will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to use up any leftovers too!!

      Delete
  3. That is one beautiful Quinoa salad! I have been into Quinoa lately and this lovely dish of yours is making me wish I have it right now! Congrats again for another blog award! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you on that. I've immersed myself in quinoa lately, it's my go-to protein most of the time and so easy because we can throw anything into it and it'll be great :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination!!!! You are on sweet bean!! and the quinoa is GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Maria, you deserve it! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  5. congrats on your award hun!
    i am so thankful for all of you wonderful bloggers and readers too :)

    and your quinoa salad looks lip-smacking good...heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is just too much fun :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. congrats on the award :) the quinoa salad looks so pretty and delicious. This makes me want to use quinoa more often

    ReplyDelete