Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Smoked Gouda Tuna Melt




We were in a hurry to catch the afternoon showing of The Dark Knight Rises and we haven't eaten anything yet. I craved something warm but didn't want to turn on the stove or chop anything. A tuna melt sandwich is the perfect brunch/lunch to satisfy my picky-ness today :)

Ingredients:
120g tin flake tuna, water or oil roughly drained (you can keep the oil for other recipes!)
1 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
Lots of ground pepper (I used about 5 big pinches of fresh ground pepper, it's just so good with lots of fresh pepper)

4 Slices sourdough bread
Grainy mustard
Baby arugula/rocket
Tomatoes, sliced
Smoked gouda, grated

Preheat oven to 375 F on broil setting.

In a bowl and using a fork, combine tuna with mayo and ground pepper. Set aside.

Apply mustard on slices of sourdough and layer arugula and tomatoes on top. Scoop tuna on top of that and top with gouda and some more ground pepper.

Broil for about 3 mins or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

Overall the movie was very good but I am a bit biased because I'm a fan of superhero movies and of course, Christian Bale. Lots of action, lots of drama, twisted story with twisted characters, a good watch!





Speaking of action, sister Sandy caught this mother raccoon trying to escape.... something, by climbing up our screen door.  It was quite alarming and shocked 2-2 silly. She barked and barked until she almost lost her voice but whatever was frightening the raccoon must have been much scarier than the combination of 2-2 barking and my sister rapping at the sliding door. We never did find out what she was scrambling from!



6 comments:

  1. wow that's not a happy raccoon! This recipe looks fab, just up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such talent I am so happy I found your blog haha your cat is awesome!! Impressive (both of you)



    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been scared if i saw a raccon on my window :S
    Maybe he came for the tuna sandwich Coz it does look very appetizing :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. racoon was practising for the olympics

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I have a completely unnatural love of raccoon, I'm so jealous

    ReplyDelete